Thursday 27 March 2014

A+E on Photoshop (Raman's Image & Blessing's Gif)


My group and I wanted an A+E title to appear in the fade out after the chase to make the opening seem more professional because the name of the film usually appears after something dramatic happens at the beginning.
 I found a picture of a hospital red cross sign and wanted that to be and + sign for A+E because we wanted the audience to believe A+E involved a hospital when it actually meant Adore + Endure. Also, from a hospital A+E our audience will be able to guess the killer is a doctor.
I typed A and E next to the plus sign and made it bold and added shadows and glows to the letters and sign from the Layer Style box.
I wanted to blur the harsh lines between the + and letters so used the blur tool. The blur tool did blur it but not a significant amount due to the shadow I had put around both the letters.
I put this into Final Cut Pro but it did not look very good. So I tried again but made it more simple and wrote A+E and blurred the edges using the Layer box again.

Again, this did not work and we received feedback that it did not look good so I got rid of it from the sequence.

Blessing, who knows a lot about Photoshop, made a moving image of the words 'Adore + Endure' being highlighted so the audience can read it better as before the words were unclear. Blessing darkened the words layer by layer and put the layers together in a moving sequence. This was then added to Final Cut Pro and this gif and darkened layers are shown below.


No comments:

Post a Comment