Tuesday 26 November 2013

Woods location scouting

As we have decided that the "chase scene" within our film opening is going to be within a woods, my group and I felt that it would be good to get an idea of what all the woods in our neighborhoods looked like so that we have a variety of locations to choose from, creating the best final piece that we can produce, when we start filming.

Below shows a video that I took at my local woods, explaining the good and bad aspects of this location:


In the video, I stated that the following were good aspects of this specific location:
  • long stretch of "pathway"
  • within a wooded area
  • not a busy area
  • when dark, would have a good atmosphere for our film opening chase scene
Less desirable aspects of this location are:
  • near a motor way so very noisy
  • quite muddy
I really like this little location as it is what I imagine when my group and I talk about the chase scene, as it is the wooded area I take my dogs walking, and so I am quite familiar with it. It is quite a nice long pathway, also, so it would give a lot of area for our victim to run away from our killer without her coming out of the wooded area. Another feature that is quite nice is the patterned look of the pathway, giving the impression that it goes on forever, which would add to the emotion of confusion that we want to portray in the scene.

This is one of the possible locations I have researched, that we could use for our chase scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment