Saturday 12 October 2013

Locations: Sheds and Attics

Sheds:

~ I liked the idea of an ordinary garden shed being the hideout for the villain in a slasher film opening so I took some pictures of my shed at night to see how it would come out. 

~ Obviously some of the objects outside and inside of the shed would need to be removed such as the flowerpot and the bike helmets for example, but if we did decide to film there then we could focus on the different objects inside as part of mise en scene.

~ The first two shots are of the front of my shed, with the light on and the door slightly open, the first one I used the flash on my phone whereas with the second one, I turned it off to get the full effect of the inside lights. 













~ This was a low-angle shot of the door, we can see the light and I liked the idea of the villain standing in the doorway holding a weapon and as we wouldn't be able to see their face, it would become a silhouette.


~ The next two photos are of the inside of the shed, where there are a few tables and shelves, ignoring some of the items in there at the moment, I thought this was quite a good option as we could put things on the shelves to give the audience hints about the villain and why they are doing it.



~ I liked the idea of gardening equipment being a murder weapon and the first thing that came to mind was a rake as the tines are sharp enough to stab someone with, and I've seen before in a TV programme, how someone died after being stabbed in the neck by a rake.



~ I also saw the shears and my dad happened to have two pairs, I decided to use the older, more rustier pair as I thought it would be more effective than the brand-new shiny pair. I could imagine our villain using the shears to cut or stab the victims and maybe even cut up parts of their body.


~ This is a video I took in my shed, describing it and explaining how we could use it in our coursework.



~ The photos below are different angles of a shed that is located on the school grounds. Although the greenhouse in the front isn't ideal, I thought some sections of the shed could be used for close-up shots, such as the windows and double doors as it seems run-down and abandoned.




















Attics:


~ I also took a video in my loft and tried to take a few pictures but the quality and lighting wasn't that great, but in a way it added to the atmosphere.



Low angle shot of loft entrance from bottom of stairs

Entrance of loft

Box in loft 



Loft

Loft

No comments:

Post a Comment