Monday 21 October 2013

Practical Investigation: Locations

Locations:

~ For my practical investigation, I had to look at locations nearby which could be suitable for us to film our coursework. As we are doing the slasher genre, I liked the idea of wooded areas, especially if we filmed with low natural lighting as it contributes to the scary atmosphere.

Danson Park:


~ Firstly, I went to Danson Park as it is very close to my house and the school, which means it would be easily accessible however it is quite popular and can be busy. I went in the late evening as this is most likely when we would be filming if we chose to include outdoor scenes.

~ This is a video I took, whilst walking through the park, towards the end I remembered the toilets (which I'm pretty sure are not in use anymore) and headed in that direction. At some points the lighting isn't good, due to the low quality camera on my phone and the use of only natural lighting, but apart from that, I think it gives a good idea of what filming in that area would be like.


~ I then also decided to take a video from my point of view - looking down at my shoes whilst I was walking through the leaves. I used the flash on my phone because otherwise it was getting quite dark and it wasn't clear what was happening. I like this camera angle and even if we only use it for a couple of seconds, when the victim is running away for example, I think it can be effective as long as it fits in with the rest of the footage.


~ Below are a selection of the photos I took at Danson Park, again I was using my phone so some of them may be low quality or the lighting may be slightly weird but it gives us a good impression of how our coursework would look if we decided to film there.

Pathway through trees

Clearing in the trees


Trees


Clearing


Back of toilets

Path through trees

Toilets


Path next to Danson House

More trees

Far-away shot of toilets

Danson House

Shot of park


Shot of road outside park, taken from inside the fence

Walkway above lake

Path into wooded area


Hall Place:


~ I also visited Hall Place, which is less than twenty minutes walk from the school. 

Side shot of river

Warning sign in trees

River and barrier

Head on shot of river, from bridge

Side view of the Sports Pavilion

Football pitch

Trees through metal fence

river through metal fence

area behind metal fence

pathway between two bushes, next to river

river

'Grandma's house':


~ When thinking of indoor locations, I knew my grandmother had a garage and also a small shed and I thought it was fit the slasher/genre well as there is only one door and one window on one side of the room. 

~ This is a video I took from inside the garage, explaining how we could use it in our coursework. 


~ This next video shows the entrance to the garage and also describes the shed and garden.


~ I also asked my grandmother to open and close the garage door as I liked the creepy rattling sound it made and the way my phone adjusted to the change in lighting looked quite good. 























No comments:

Post a Comment